Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Tile project finished!

Well the tile is set and grouted, and will be ready to walk on tomorrow. Carolyn and I think it turned out well. There are a few spots where the grout lines are not quite as thick as in other places, but overall the grout lines all line up, the spacing is consistent over most of the area and it looks good (Pictures will be posted later.)

I needed to grind down a few edges, especially on the 4 tiles surrounding the center mosaic-tile section. That made the initial cutting, fitting and setting take longer than I planned, so I was setting the last of the tiles later Saturday night. The only other little mishap is when I was cleaning the mortar out of the grout lines in preparation for grouting a couple of the center mosaic tiles came loose, so I had to pull them out, cut the morter and fiberglass backing the strips were glued to out, and re-set the two tiles. I let them dry until Monday evening and gouted then, which went well. I will post some pictures of the project later today (hopefully).

No comments:

Post a Comment